1. Go to https://myetherwallet.com/ .
2. Enter a strong but easy to remember password.
3. Click the "Create New Wallet" button.
4. Click the "Download" button & save your Keystore / UTC file. Back it up.
5. Read the warning. If you understand it and promise not to lose your private key, click the "I understand. Continue" button.2
1. Navigate to the Send Page.
2. Select your keystore file or your private key.
3. If the wallet is encrypted, a text box will automatically appear. Enter the password.
4. Click the "Unlock Wallet" button.
5. Your wallet information should show up.
6. Find your account address, next to a colorful, circular icon.
You can share your address with others so they can send you ETH. Your account will not be compromised, just make sure to send them your PUBLIC wallet address and not your private key.
TIP: If you are planning on holding a large amount of ETH, we recommend you send a small amount to test first, before depositing a large amount.3
1. Navigate to the Send Ether & Tokens page.
2. Select how you would like to access your wallet and unlock it.
3. Select your keystore file or your private key.
4. Enter the address you would like to send to in the "To Address:" field.
5. Enter the amount you would like to send.
6. NECESSARILY click on "+Advanced: Add Data" and enter the necessary data in the "Data" field.
7. Click "Generate Transaction". A couple more fields will appear. This is your browser generating the transaction.
8. Click the blue "Send Transaction" button below that. A pop-up will appear. Double-check the amount, type of coin, and the address are correct.
9. Click "Yes, I am sure! Make transaction." button. The transaction will be submitted. The TX ID will display. You can click that TX ID to see it on the blockchain.